Monday 5 September 2016

2016-09-05 The Journey Begins

Monday, Sept 5, 2016 - Labour Day

It is amazing how the work involved in a task expands with the time that you have to do it.  I remember in past years, coming home from work, packing and then leaving for the Gorge in the morning.  This year - I think I spent three days doing the same thing.  Of course, I am more prepared.  All my camera batteries are charged, and I don't think I have forgotten anything - God Knows nothing else could fit in the van.....  I am not sure how I will be able to pack for the trip home without three days of careful planning...  Oh well - I can always leave some stuff behind...

This year, I have to take a different route down.  I have a small consulting job with the BC Government (or a Government Corporation who works for the BC Government), and we have a start-up meeting in Vancouver on Wednesday.  So rather than fly in, then fly back and then drive down, I decided to just stop there on the way down.  I leave today and will spend the night at my brother's in Calgary.  Then Tuesday I will drive thru to Vancouver where I have a B&B booked, which is only a 10-minute walk from my meeting.  I will head down to the Gorge from there, Thursday morning.

While I always feel badly leaving Louise behind, I am not sorry to leave the weather.  Today is warmer than yesterday, but still only 13.5c.  Our furnace came on for the first time yesterday.  I guess summer is over.


I am looking forward to seeing everyone again!  I finally finished the Gorge 2015 movie, so I hope we can have a get-together sometime during the week for the premier showing.

See you on the water.

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment